Frequently Asked Questions
Questions and Answers from Joy about Parakeets of Joy and parakeets in general.
How much bird seed should a parakeet eat?
You should fill your parakeet's feeder at least once a day, and ideally anytime that you see it empty. Don't worry, your parakeet will not overeat. For an adult parakeet, on average, this works out to about 2-4 teaspoons of bird seed per day (about 1/2 an ounce or 14 grams per day) and about 1 pound of bird seed per month.
Other questions in 'Feeding Your Parakeet'
- What does a parakeet eat?
- What does a parakeet drink? Can I give my parakeet tap water?
- How often should I give water to my parakeet?
- What should I NOT, never, ever feed my parakeet?
- How often should I feed my parakeet?
- How much bird seed should a parakeet eat?
- How much will bird seed cost me?
- Where can I buy bird seed?
- Where can I buy bird seed online?
- Are there any drawbacks to buying bird seed online?
- Where can I buy Millet Sprigs or Sprays online?
- Should I add vitamins to my parakeet's water?