Frequently Asked Questions
Questions and Answers from Joy about Parakeets of Joy and parakeets in general.
What does a parakeet drink? Can I give my parakeet tap water?
Your parakeet needs fresh water, daily. Tap water is generally fine, if you are sure that it does not contain a high level of chlorine as chlorine is harmful to birds... not to mention humans.
If you have the budget, non-chlorinated bottled water is the safest and healthiest bet for your parakeet.
NYC residents should note that NYC tap water has a high amount of chlorine added to it.
Other questions in 'Feeding Your Parakeet'
- What does a parakeet eat?
- What does a parakeet drink? Can I give my parakeet tap water?
- How often should I give water to my parakeet?
- What should I NOT, never, ever feed my parakeet?
- How often should I feed my parakeet?
- How much bird seed should a parakeet eat?
- How much will bird seed cost me?
- Where can I buy bird seed?
- Where can I buy bird seed online?
- Are there any drawbacks to buying bird seed online?
- Where can I buy Millet Sprigs or Sprays online?
- Should I add vitamins to my parakeet's water?